Thursday, January 3, 2008

Improvisational Piecing (Denyse Schmidt Inspired)

Happy new year from the tallgrass prairie!

The work in the studio is in full swing for the new year. I'm expecting a delivery of Alexander Henry fabrics in the next few days. I'll see what inspires me when it arrives. Meanwhile, I have two projects underway. I am in the process of hand quilting my first improvisationally pieced quilt, Denyse Schmidt inspired! I couldn't decide for the longest time what pattern to use for the quilting. I'm not sure if I like what I've started, but I'm going to keep going and see what happens.

1 comment:

Sherri said...

I really like your quilt, and from what I can see your quilting stitches look fine, especially considering you haven't hand quilted in some time! Good luck in finishing it off and remember to post a picture - I'd love to see it.