Tuesday, January 29, 2008

Quilt-A-Long Update

The weather today is the definition of "RAW", gray skies with 20 mph wind and 20 degrees. Quite a change from the 60 degrees of a couple of days ago. Kinda makes me grumpy. Fudge and I cut our morning walk ridiculously short and retreated inside to get warm. On the glass half full side, what a good excuse to cuddle up with a quilt and get that hand quilting done!
Other good news!!! I'm up to date! All 11 blocks done for the quilt-a-long on Crazy Mom Quilts. Finished 9, 10, and 11 yesterday. I only have one that may need to be redone. It is about a 1/4 inch bigger than all the other blocks. Who knows what I might have done on that one. I really like how it has all come together and I have learned so much. One more block to go, putting it together and finishing it up. I've been thinking about how I might want to set these blocks...something different maybe? Something to think about! Amanda Jean will be starting another quilt-a-long in the next couple of weeks...stars this time. She warned that it will include many triangles. EEK! I do need to challenge myself to learn more, so I'm in!

2 comments:

country mouse said...

Very pretty quilt along quilt. Congrats on getting caught up! Your weather sounds like its taken the turn ours is about to. Like you said, great reason to quilt! Hope you don't mind, but I put a link to your blog on mine. I enjoy reading your blog and wanted to direct others to you too. Hope that's ok.

jacquie said...

Absolutely! I appreciate you letting other crafters know I'm out here.