Tuesday, May 13, 2008

I Promise


I have been diligently working on finishing some of those works in progress. I started quilting the Radio Flyer quilt. I had terrible trouble yesterday. Messed this one up pretty good. I don't know if it was the wrong kind of thread or a tension problem, but I couldn't get it right to save my life. I did enough though in my attempts to get it right that I have lots of ripping out to do. I got so tired of my seam ripper that I played around with this for a couple of hours last night. I am toying with the idea of joining a mini quilt swap in June. These folks are swapping 6 to 12" quilts with partners. I've never made anything that small and I thought it might be fun. I found this fun, retro radio fabric in the bargain bin awhile ago, not knowing what I might do with it. Last night around midnight I made this. It's about 5 x 7 inches right now. I'm calling it "Music is Life." It's not finished, but it rejuventated my spirit enough to face going back to ripping out the wacky machine quilting from yesterday.(Actually I like it so much I could see a whole big quilt full of these! I need to control myself!) No more new projects...back to the WIP's! I promise!!!

14 comments:

John said...

Wowowow! I LOVE that radio block! What swap are you joining? I might just join it too to try and get yours. : )
I think a whole quilt of it would be great, but a few mini quilts / wall hangings would be cute too.

BusybeeDebQuilts said...

Love the radios Jacquie! Love that retro stuff ... what a great find that fabric was. I think it would make a terrific big quilt too ... really fun!

Deb

QuiltedSimple said...

I LIKE it!! You come up with the neatest ideas. . . .
Kris

dutchcomfort said...

The radio fabric and the block are fabulous! A quilt would be great! And a lot of mini’s too!

Blondie said...

I love the radio quilt block- that'll make a fun quilt!

I wanted to thank you for the idea of getting some of the WIPs finished... I'm doing that this week, too.

Rebekah said...

that radio block is so adorable! I love the orange dots...is that an amy butler print? so adorable.

John said...

If it is the Amy Butler dots, I know there is a red with white dots that would look great with that red radio on the top right of your photo!

MichelleB said...

That radio fabric is adorable! Love the block.

Amanda Jean said...

oh, my! that radio fabric paired with the orange dots is fabulous!

who makes the orange polka dot fabric?

Kathleen said...

Wow I thought that radio block was graphic art it looks so realistic! Hope all goes well with the stitch ripper. Also I love the way you casually say "last night around midnight I made this". Hope you got to sleep after that. Just saw your comment over at Ruth's blog!

Stacy A. said...

Jacquie, oh what a wonderful block. The orange dots look so fun with the radio. I love your super imagination at work. Every time I see you have a new post I am thrilled because I know it will be filled with fun and beauty. Thanks so much for all your comments. They mean a lot to me. Love Stacy

Kieny The Dutchlady said...

I like what you are doing with the radio fabric. I know how you feel about starting new projects, it is so temping to start something new.

Sara said...

I love the radio block! Very cool! Your work is looking great! Its been a busy week so very little quilting for me. Work just gets in the way! I am going to think about joining the swap.

susan said...

eep i hope you do join, this little quiltie is sweet. i love love love that fabric, who makes it please???