Friday, August 22, 2008

Fit and Fabulous Friday

The week is over and I'm thrilled to report that I made it to the gym every day this week. Yippee! Quite a difference from the week before when I made it 0 days. As some of you know I joined Wendy (The Running Quilter) and a bunch of others to be Crafty, Creative and Fit. I committed to running this week. Let's make it clear from the outset, I am not a runner, but I pushed myself to run every day. Ran at least 20 minutes daily...I know that may not be lots for all you runners out there, but I'm pretty darn proud. I did my regular elliptical and bike too along with 50 crunches every day. That running is kicking my butt, but as Tine reminded me in her comment yesterday, running is supposed to kick your butt.
Got new shoes too. Wendy is right...dressing the part is motivating. Next week: put more miles on the new shoes! Tonight: Take a Tylenol PM and hit the sack!

15 comments:

Karen said...

Congrats for getting all of the exercise time in and good luck next week. Even if you don't get to work out every day---just remember that every little bit helps;)

Cheryl Arkison said...

I'm jealous of your commitment...

Stephanie D said...

Congratulations! Making it to the gym every day is an accomplishment in itself!

dutchcomfort said...

I need to get back into the swing of exercise. I’ve not been to the gym for over two weeks now. That’s not like me at all. I couldn’t find any motivation.
I will start again on Monday! Promise!

My cutting and sewing skills have improved over the past weeks though!

judy said...

Good for you! You must feel amazing! I'm nowhere near a runner, but my girls and I have been walking fools this summer since we have just one vehicle and dh takes it to work. Even on days when we could have it (BIL could take him/pick him up) I still sometimes make him take it because we need to get out and get moving :) Keep up the awesome work!

Amanda Jean said...

good for you for being so disciplined!!!

Unknown said...

Good job! I'm about over a nasty cold and ready to get walking daily :) You are a great motivator!

Anonymous said...

Yay! Good for you for getting out there every day! Running is really hard-I can run for about three minutes then have to walk!

Also, I love your quilt in the previous post. I would like to make one similar for my older son. Of all the quilts I've made, I've never made one specifically for him. (Okay, feeling guilty - will be making him one soon!)

Tine said...

WOW! You really did a lot this week! Good for you :-)
I think 20 minutes of running every day is a lot!!!

Wendy said...

Yahoo...progress is amazing. Yes, running kicks your butt. Yesterday at the end of my long run, I decided to kick it up a bit...inspired by the likes of Michael Phelps and the other Olympic Athletes. Okay...I am not an Olympic Athlete I decided...but, in no short order I was huffing and puffing and gasping for air. When that was all over...ahh...sweet bliss...I was finished with my workout for the day. Nothing feels better. Great job! Keep it up. Wendy
www.therunningquilter.blogspot.com

em's scrapbag said...

You go girl. Way to stick to your goal.

QuiltedSimple said...

I'll be your personal cheering squad - GO JACQUIE GO!!!! Congratulations on a great first week - keep it up!
Kris

Rebekah said...

yay! glad to hear that you were so successful this week :)

Yummers! said...

You are a great role model... running! It would kill my knees and my insides would fall out. How gross is that?

What do you do as an educational consultant? Curious cat.

Joni

MightyMom said...

fake it till you make it!!

good for you!