Monday, March 23, 2009

All Over The Place

I had trouble focusing this weekend, at least in the studio. I did work outside most of the weekend, raking leaves, uncovering plants, trimming bushes and mulching beds. It's a bunch of work doing all the townhomes (6 of them), but no one else takes care of the yard, so I do it. I will say it looks great.
A couple of geese were added to my flock. At this rate I'll finish sometime in 2011.
I added a pink panel for this quilt. Maybe I'll try to finish more of these today.
I sorted and bundled my scrap packs for Penny's 'Scraps to Treasure' swap. Nine of us are swapping scraps and we have to use them ALL in a project by next October. Doesn't that sound like fun! I got them all ready to go, and no envelopes to be had.
Aren't these cute? These were all in a pretty bundle when Kate gave them to me. (I had to unroll them to fit them in my little bag...I travel light!) Kate, of Kate Kwiltz, and I got together when I was in Chicago last week. She met me downtown and we stopped and got cupcakes at Sugar Bliss (to die for!) and had a lovely lunch and conversation. I felt like we were old friends. We talked about everything and shared our love of quilting and fabric. Kate brought her batik quilt to show me. Oh my goodness, it was gorgeous. The picture on her blog doesn't come close to showing the beauty of this quilt. Kate has gone out of her way to help me and my hubby. She's shared her knowledge of the city that has helped my hubby so much. He eats better because of Kate. She's also helped us get to know places to go and enjoy the city together. I can't thank her enough. It was great, Kate, let's be sure to do it again!

I'm hoping to find my focus and finish some things this week. Wish me luck!

26 comments:

MichelleB said...

Lovely blocks that you've made. How wonderful that you met a fellow blogger. I will be looking forward to seeing what you'll do with the scrap quilt.

Cher said...

love that quilty connection resulting in feeling like an long time friend! what a fabulous time and thanks for the wonderful link to her quilt..my kind of quilting!

Unknown said...

the pink panel looks wonderful, that is going to be some quilt when you are done, and all from the scrap box too. Amazing!

MightyMom said...

love those big and little geese!

sometimes it's great to just scatter sew!

have a great sewing week!

Jane's Fabrics and Quilts said...

From what I see and what I read you had a very busy weekend and productive!!!

QuiltedSimple said...

You had a busy weekend - love the geese!
Kris

Unknown said...

Hard to believe you are not focused. Looks like you are pretty darn organized to me. How fun that must have been meeting up with a fellow blogger and talking fabric and eating cupcakes!!! YUM! Wonderful fabrics. by the way!

Marie' said...

That is just so like you to be cleaning up around your townhome, for everybody else as well.

Lovely geese.

Nichole said...

I am sending off my improv blocks to you this week and have some aqua to donate for binding. I will get it all assembled, pressed in half and rolled up if you will let me know the approximate length you need (not sure how many blocks are going into each quilt or I'd figure it myself). Thanks!

Anonymous said...

Maybe you felt unfocused but it looks like you were productive!

I love to see your posts, and the photographs are so lovely. Very colorful and happy.

Rebekah said...

your scrap project looks like a lot of fun! Can't wait to see what you come up with for the project

dutchcomfort said...

Lovely Geese!

em's scrapbag said...

The scraps to treasure swap sound fabulous. What a great idea! You are doing great with the geese. I have a quilt that needs a bunch. You are making progress much faster than I am.

Andi said...

I especially love the new pink panel.
I'd love to see a whole quilt like this in pinks.
But I'm sure the rainbow quilt will be stunning also.
Andi :-)

Cheryl Arkison said...

I just swapped some scraps too. Doing the one colour blocks is a great idea... I might have to steal... er, borrow it.

Kerri said...

such lovely blocks!! i can't wait to see more of your rainbow of colors quilt your doing. not sure what your calling it yet?? i just love that one so far!!

Michaela said...

It seems like we were doing similar things this weekend. My back is sore and I want to get some quilting done, we'll see how that goes. Geese are on my list to do, but there is plenty before that.

Sherri said...

I did tons of yardwork on Friday...so I could quilt and not feel guilty!!! Love all of your projects (as always)!

Jackie's Stitches said...

Your flying geese blocks are wonderful. Love the fabric choices. Really gives them an updated contemporary look.

sewtakeahike said...

wow Jacquie! It looks to me like you got a lot done this weekend! All your blocks look great (and perfect as always) and I can hardly contain myself to see what's in those little bundles! I'm going to have to see if I can magnify the picture......

Stephanie D said...

Your unfocused puts my focused to shame.

How nice you were able to meet Kate and see that batik quilt! It looks lovely enough in the picture--would love to see it in person!

Unknown said...

Balance is good, so is the sunshine :) I'm sure your yard(s) are happy! Love what you have going on in the studio too - thanks for introducing Kate to me :)

audreypawdrey said...

It appears to me that you have accomplished a lot! The fabric you showed is so beautiful and great progress on the geese.:)

I should have four squares coming to you soon for project improv!

Victoria said...

Looks like you did very well for being unfocused. Hope you have a lovely week! xo

Thimbleanna said...

I LURVE your flying geese blocks!!! And those fabric bundles look awesome -- it's getting very exciting!!!

Kathleen said...

My goodness Kate's batik quilt is gorgeous. I like that simple pattern as well for showcasing beautiful fabrics. Glad you spent some quality time with hubby and am loving your newest quilt with all its fresh bright colours