Saturday, October 31, 2009

The Bruno Chronicles...Part 2...Becoming a Country Boy

Guest blogger...Bruno.

I thought you might want to see where I live. They call it the country. It's very different than living in the city. In the city there were sidewalks and streets to cross. I hardly ever got my feet wet and certainly not muddy. I was always at the end of a leash. I don't own a leash any more.

I can go wherever I want, but I never go without my mom or dad. I used to step around puddles, now I go through them. At first, I stayed right on the path, now I pop into the woods every now and then (I don't go too far, though) and I'm learning to like the tall grass. I, am a country boy.
I usually start my morning walk on the path behind my house. Want to come along?
Don't worry, I'll wait for you to catch up. This back road is steep and it's muddy and slippery today. I like that!
You don't have to come in here with me, but it's really fun. Can you see me? You never know what you might find.
Today the find was a little gruesome, but awesome!
Here I am. We've made it all the way to the pond. Yes, this is a pond. It's full of WATER. It took me awhile to figure out that this pond thing can be lots of fun. Be careful though. That water is tricky.
Come on in...the water is fine!
There are sticks to fetch, frogs to chase and lots of mud to play in. I'm a fabulous swimmer. Eat my dust!
Wheee, let's do it again!
After a nice dip, I like to enjoy the fruits of my labor. You'll have to find your own stick!
Are you coming?
Sorry, can't wait, I've got to get home...my mom is calling!

43 comments:

connie said...

What a wonderful life you have given Bruno!!! He is a lucky dog.

A Spoonful Of Sugar said...

Glad to see Bruno settling in so well! he looks so happy - what a life!

Anonymous said...

What a great post. He's a seriously happy looking dog.

Abby and Stephanie said...

Lucky Bruno to have such a fantastic home!!!

Jenny said...

Wow what a fab place to live! Lucky old Bruno!

dutchcomfort said...

What a fabulous place to live Bruno!! I would love to live in the country!

Dee said...

Lady says she would like to come and play...but frogs? Really?

Lesly said...

And when they say "it's a dog's life", it's supposed to be a bad thing - clearly not for Bruno! It's great to see a dog having so much fun!

Kelly Ann said...

Zele & Stella would love to come over for a swim...

jovaliquilts said...

Now I know what they mean when they call someone a "lucky dog"!

Vicki @ DottyJane said...

Thanks for sharing, Bruno! Glad you are enjoying life as a country boy.

Quilt Rat said...

I want to come too......wait for me!

Anne D said...

He is gorgeous. I am looking forward to getting my daughter the dog we promised her when we move back to Australia. I love seeing your quilts and now I love seeing your dog

Tina in Boston said...

What a lucky dog Bruno is! Looks llke he is having a great time. I want to come along, too!

Susan Turney said...

I love that Bruno took the time to write about his wonderful life!!!!

Lynn said...

How much he has changed from his first photos. Such a beautiful lab - must be getting lots of love.

Angela Nash said...

That was wonderful! I think Bruno can show US a few things about the joy of going off-path. Thanks

Erin said...

Bruno has hit the doggie jackpot. :) Nice to see he's so happy!

Andrea said...

oh my gosh, that was the most beautiful post to read first thing in the morning! Thank you! Bruno, you lucky boy!!

Di~ said...

:)

Sara said...

Bruno:
So glad to read that you are enjoying the country life. It sounds like you have a great mom and dad! Today is my pop's bday and I'm going to let him play with my big, blue jolly ball.
Odin
(Sara)

Needled Mom said...

What a life!!!!

paulette said...

Oh yeah! Bruno has the good life!! What a beautiful dog!..I mean guest blogger...
Paulette

Anonymous said...

Bruno you have won the jackpot for your life!! Enjoy and thanks for taking us on your romp!! Gail Norback

Poppyprint said...

Hey Bruno,
I would love to run with you on that leafy path, but I am a bit of a dry weather fellow (my rib cage is only 2" off the ground and I don't like getting it all wet and muddy). I can hike for a long time, too, even though my legs are about a quarter the length of yours. And swimming, well, I'll leave that up to you - most undignified you know, a hotdog in water. Nice to meet you, your backyard looks amazing. ruff.
-Flynn

Shannon said...

Cute!

Twisted Quilts said...

What a sweetie, he looks just like the dog that lives behind us and is basically a neighborhood dog. Every morning he makes his rounds and checks on everybody. Will you give Bruno a hug for me?

Gari in AL said...

Looks like a very happy boy!

Anonymous said...

I LOVE Bruno!!! What an awesome boy he is! Amie, Quilter and Bruno fan

Jodie said...

That last photo is spectacular...it tells such a story. I love it !

bellsjo said...

love your guest blogger - can we hear from him again?

Cher said...

thanks for sharing a lovely day in the life of Bruno!

Anina said...

Well Bruno, it looks like you have adjusted well to your wonderful new home.
Say hi to your mom for me.

Stephanie D said...

Pant, pant, pant! Gotta rest, Bruno! I'm only a semi-country girl. Er, woman.

Jessica said...

what a great post...bruno's got quite the life...and he is so darn cute...and he's so happy...you and he are both so lucky!!

KateKwiltz said...

He looks so happy! I think Bruno should start his own blog!

Unknown said...

Congrats, Bruno, you are now a country boy! It's a wonderful place, isn't it?

Leanne said...

I am sure Bruno loves his new life in the country full of adventure and fun. What a lucky boy he is to have found you and you to have found him.

MightyMom said...

oh he's adorable!!!! how old is he?

I want a bruno!! sigh, but I don't have that fun land ....YET.

Nicole B. said...

so cute! I love the ears flopping!

Marianne Penner said...

He is absolutely stunning. I love the way you did this post from his perspective. I showed all my kids and my husband and they all think Bruno is adorable.

Kathy said...

Bruno is gorgeous. Think I need another one!

Millie said...

It is so nice to see Bruno so happy in his new home...he looks like a sweet Black Lab!