Monday, July 12, 2010

Tweaking

I finished this top over the weekend, a new design. I think I like it. It was inspired by the 'Wonderland Garden' quilt (see the sidebar), but it turned into something very different.
I'm going to make it in a more muted, maybe more sophisticated color palette and see if the design holds up. This is a print in the Woodland Delight collection.
So far these are my choices. It needs a bit more tweaking and I have to choose the two solids I'm going to use.
(Hope Valley, Riley Blake Andrea Victoria, Moda dots, Mingle squares, Jackie Shapiro dots, FMF seeds, Joel Dewberry woodgrain, gray pindot, gray large dot, Jackie Shapiro stripes, Lizzy House stripes and a Kaffe paperweight print)

17 comments:

Unknown said...

Love the grays and pinks. It is going to be gorgeous.

Sherri said...

I love both colorways...both collections of fabrics are so striking!

Unknown said...

the grays and pinks are just amazing! I love it!

Cheryl Arkison said...

Funny, I've been feeding a grey obsession lately... I'll have to see what you come up with.

Jennifer said...

oh my gosh, i love those gray and pink prints you pulled!

Suzanne said...

Those pinks and grays go together swimmingly.

Beth said...

When you wrote "sophisticated palette" I got a little concerned -- that didn't sound like the Jacquie I know and love! But then I saw your fabric choices....LOVE! Actually reminds me of a shirt I bought this weekend. Can't wait to see how it comes out!

Live a Colorful Life said...

FMF gray seeds just makes me swoon. I don't have even a scrap of that. Completely missed the bandwagon when it went through town and now I'm paying the price--sometimes literally. But seeds are super hard to find.

Anyway, that color palette is fabulous.

Valerie said...

I wonder if it's just my monitor but the grey seeds almost have a green cast compared to the other greys (which read 'bluer')...

Poppyprint said...

I can't wait to see it in both colourways. LOVE the KF paperweight in there.

A.S.K.-P. said...

Oooo, I LOVE that gray/pink color combo! Just GORGEOUS! Can't wait to see it finished!

Lori said...

I love reading your blog, actually "looking at the pictures". You do awesome work. Your stitching is perfect. What kind of sewing machine do you use?

The Calico Cat said...

Those are all horrible, you must send them to me. :o)

Miri said...

Oh I just love those soft fabrics!

Caroline ~ TrilliumDesign said...

Tweek away!! Looks amazing so far :)

SewOverwhelmed said...

Wow! you need to put this group together in a fat quarter bundle and sell it....to me!!
I am a gray fanatic. Love it, just love it.

MightyMom said...

Hmm. I like the original colors! Could the new pallette have just a bit of color??