1. You turn into the cleaning fairy....bathrooms sparkle, a spotless studio (every piece of fabric has been refolded and stacked).
2. Lady beetles lose their battle (at least we're at a stalemate). Every year we battle Japanese beetles...they look like lady bugs, but they're actually the evil twins. With no internet, I have time to wield my vacuum hose and relentlessly suck those little buggers into oblivion.
3. You take advantage of 70 degree weather in Kansas in November and rid the front porch of mildew....while I was at it I painted all of the trim on the porch.
4. You actually have time to take a day off and bum around the city and buy fabulous fabric. The cuts above are Liberty of London fabric from Betsy's shop in Westport, Bon Bon Atelier. Have you ever felt Liberty fabric? To DIE for. Betsy has an online store in case you want to have that experience for yourself. I'm making Christmas gifts with these. Lauren tells me that if you're making gifts, the fabric purchase doesn't count. I believe her.
5. You actually hang the curtains that have been sitting waiting to grace the windows in the great room. I have curtains for the first time in 15 years.
1. You're disconnected, cut off, out of the loop. ARRG!
Hopefully the problem is solved and I'll be back to normal around here. Wouldn't want to be blinded by sparkling bathrooms, now would we?
Got an extra minute, today? Check this out. Katie is destashing some of her out of print fabrics. She's got some great stuff in there!
To my "quilter butt" friends. The giveaway will be tomorrow! It's nice to be connected again!