Wednesday, November 9, 2011

Sprout and Bloom

Added a couple of pillows to my sofa. Every new place needs new pillows. These are done in 4 tints/shades of orange with an ash gray background.
I love how the quilting makes veins in the leaves!
I have two more versions made, but not quilted yet.  They're on the list.
These have definitely inspired a couple of quilt designs!
Now for the winners.  Who knew there were so many naked sewing machines out there!
Sonia B
EG
Kim from CA with a Janome
Terri
Sharon T in Huntley IL
Hollymade
LizA
Sarah in Denver
Congrats!  If I could find your email, you should have gotten an email from me.  Sharon T and Kim, if you would drop me an email with your contact info, I'll get these little presents in the mail ASAP!  Congratulations!!
The pattern for this cover will be available on the Sew It All TV website when my episode airs.  I'll let you all know.  It's fast and soooo simple.  Hopefully all those machines out there can stop choking on dust and snuggle under cute covers!

27 comments:

Esch House Quilts said...

Your pillows are wonderful! I love that they are made from the same shape, but are different. Amazing quilting too!

Poppyprint said...

Your pillows are divine!

A Spoonful Of Sugar said...

Terrific Pillows - so modern and striking.

Mary Anne said...

Gorgeous!

karen @ badlandsquilts said...

Great pillows!

Maureen Cracknell Handmade said...

Your pillows are wonderful, I can't decide which one I like best! :)

em's scrapbag said...

hese are absolutely fabulous!

Cheryl Arkison said...

Love the vein with the quilting too...

Slightly random question. Don't sewing machines come with covers? Or was that just mine? It isn't pretty, but it's there and in constant use.

Leanne said...

I am in love with your pillows, they are wonderful!

MightyMom said...

I always miss your contests my a couple days!

I keep thinking I need a sewing machine cover, but just haven't gotten around to making one.

Megan said...

I love your pillows. So fresh and a great pop of color.

Side note... I quilted this little baby quilt in a style much the same as you did here on the pillows. Just thought to share.
http://thelifeofmegananne.blogspot.com/2010/11/little-squares.html

Happy sewing!!

Annie said...

The quilting gives the plain leaves a life of their own. These simple designs look fantastic!

Anonymous said...

Those are gorgeous! How do you cut and piece that shape, could you share how you did it? I can almost but not quite figure out the cutting process, and then imagine the piecing was like piecing any curve -- slowly and with pins. Is that right? Thank you!

Jenny

Sharon said...

Love them! Pillows are so great to give a fresh update.

Anonymous said...

I knew these were yours when I saw them on pinterest! Calling you.

Archie The Wonder Dog said...

Love the cushions!

trump said...

I thought id stop by and post a comment since im checking out some new blogs. So greetings from the Amish settlement of Lebanon ,Pa. Richard from Amish Stories.

Heather said...

Wow. I love those pillows so much I just had to comment. They are beautiful!!!!

CJ said...

GREAT pillows! I love what the quilting adds to them.

Tina in Boston said...

I love these pillows!! The quilting makes them, of course. I saw these on my phone earlier today and didn't realize the different shades of orange. Fantastic!

QuiltNut Creations said...

absolutely love these pillows! the quilting is so much fun.

MariQuilts said...

Love the cushions!!!

Anonymous said...

The pillows are gorgeous. The colours! The shapes! And the wonderful quilting! I'm drooling.
Debbie R.

**nicke... said...

they are so pretty jacquie! congrats to the winners too!

Katherine said...

Stunning new pillows, Jacquie. Works of art!

Anya said...

I love the pillows! Would ever consider doing a tutorial on them? I love your color selection.

Anya

randi--i have to say said...

very nice! the quilting is perfect on this project!