This is going on the back for a quilt top I just finished. I think I'm going to like the back as much as the front!
I cleaned and organized the studio for a full weekend of sewing. I did something a little different this time. I sorted all my prints by color and by value.
Sorting by value didn't take that long and it's not really scientific or exact. I simply made three stacks, light, medium and dark and put each fabric in a stack based on a quick glance.
It was interesting to find out that I buy pretty evenly between values. I thought there would be an abundance of medium value fabrics.
The advantage to sorting this way is when pulling fabrics for a project. It's much easier to "think" about value when choosing fabrics. I'm going to sort my solids this way as well, but that's a task for another day.
Have a wonderful weekend! I'm going to try to get all those backs made so I can baste and quilt this weekend.