Thursday, May 31, 2012

Are you up for a challenge?

So you know I love a dresden quilt and I really can't get enough of the wedge shape right now.  It's so versatile and the design possibilities are endless! So, good news!  There's a challenge afoot!
The Salt Lake Modern Quilt Guild is sponsoring a new quilt challenge that I am really excited to be a part of. The EZ Dresden Quilting Challenge kicks off tomorrow, June 1 with a 14-day blog hop.

And guess what? I get to be a judge! This summer challenge wraps up at the end of August with judging in early September. Winning quilts will be displayed in the Simplicity booth At Fall Quilt Market. How cool is that?  
The challenge celebrates Darlene Zimmerman's 20th anniversary designing quilting rulers for EZ Quilting. Quilters are encouraged to use the EZ Dresden ruler to create a traditional or innovative design. They even have a category for mini-quilts if you don't have the time to commit to a large project. Hop on over to the Salt Lake Modern Quilt Guild website to get all the details including the blog hop schedule and the fabulous list of prizes. Then be sure to enter your quilt by September 6. I can't wait to see your finished projects.  Have fun!

3 comments:

Katherine said...

Jacquie, your designs are always so inspiring. I love these beauties!

Anonymous said...

Both of these quilts are beautiful. I'm really crushing on that gray and turquoise one - I've not seen one done like that.

Annie said...

Wow, that quilting is amazing