Thursday, August 16, 2012

Fabric Inspires

Sometimes inspiration is all about the fabric. I found this amazing print from Jackie Shapiro's Neo Geo line in the sale section of a fabric shop in Lyon, Colorado. I adore it because it speaks to my youth growing up in the 70's.
I pulled a few companion fabrics and finished a top inspired by my closet in the 70's.  It has to stay under wraps for now.
Don't you love it when a fabric sparks your imagination and you can't wait to cut it and make it come alive in a quilt?

Action Kivu Fundraiser update:
We're over $6000 on the thermometer....it's creeping up, but we've got a long way to go.  If you're thinking about giving, head on over and do it today.  Thank you so much for supporting this great cause!

14 comments:

Live a Colorful Life said...

Blast from the past!! Lovely collection of fabrics.

Vic H. said...

Oh, that is the 70's!! Love it...maybe next some avocado or harvest gold...LOL!

MariQuilts said...

I seriously love that fabric as well...those seventies were good years.

Valerie said...

Yes, yes, I love that feeling when you have the perfect stack of fabric just waiting to transform into something entirely new. It's one of my favorite parts!

SusieDW said...

70's fer shur! Best movies and best music. I loved my voile pants and blouse of black background and white daisies with yellow centers. Groovy!

Donna said...

Love those fabrics together! You should be dancin', yeah!!

carol said...

I'm lovin' those fabrics you pulled! I bet this one will be a stunner too!

Doreen said...

Pure "Retro Revival"!!! Ahhhh, the memories! Huge 'plus'....fabric quality has come a long ways..yay!

Poppyprint said...

I so look forward to seeing it. I have such a block using brown and am always interested in seeing what others do with it. That Joel Dewberry overlapping circles/flowers print is one of my alltime favs!

Anonymous said...

Hmmm. I was just listening to some hits from the 70s and feeling rather youthful. Now a visual blast from the past!

Thanks and take care! Byrd

Dianne Mitzel said...

LOVE THOSE FABRICS!! SO CRISP AND HAPPY, AND THEY WILL TAKE YOU INTO YOUR CHRISTMAS QUILT PERIOD..CAN'T WAIT TO SEE YOUR FINISHED QUILT.

Sharon said...

These fabrics look like so much fun, can't wait to see what you did with them. Yes, everyday is a great day. I recently was at a workshop and they brought in a motivational speaker, the core of his presentation was we have a choice and to choose happiness. I work with a man like this and I treasure every hour our schedules overlap.

Anne said...

Love it ... i had a lovely pin cord maxi skirt and vest outfit with blouse and boots in chocolate and orange!

Carla said...

Hi Jacquie, We may have almost run into each other at that quilt shop in Lyons!! I was there on Aug. 9, I think, in late afternoon. It was an unbelievably stocked shop in such a small town I thought! Your stack of orange and brown looks awesome, btw!