Tuesday, July 14, 2015

Travels with Jacquie

I got home from Sisters, Oregon after teaching for a week at Quilters' Affair and enjoying the Sisters Outdoor Quilt Show.  It is a unique experience in a beautiful place.  If you've never been, I highly recommend putting it on your list of things to do and places to go.  I was able to sneak in a little hiking in the mountains with my husband in addition to all the quilty things to do.
I got up early to watch the fireman hang the quilts on the side of the Stitchin' Post.  
 As we all know, any event takes loads of enthusiastic volunteers.  Colleen and her team were a bit giddy at the end of the hanging process.
 The best of QuiltCon hung at the show and in this beautiful setting.  It's fun to see our quilts blowing in the breeze and enjoyed and so many people.

 More of the Best of QuiltCon!
...and even more! (I got all sorts of interesting questions about the Conan quilt!)
Speaking of beautiful places to teach and learn, I'm heading to Madeline Island in the Apostle Islands in August.  I'm looking for folks to join me.  Madeline Island School of the Arts is one of the premier places to learn in an inspiring location.  I'll be teaching Composing with Line which is the same class I taught at Asilomar in California.  It's a great opportunity to learn over an extended period (5 days) and really dig into a concept.  I'm loving the extended class format.  It's an opportunity for me to get to know you as artists and quilters and to learn and create together.


I'd love to have you join me on the island.  It's easy to get to and a lovely ferry ride to the island and then a week of line and fun and beauty.  Pop over and register.  It'll be a week to remember!

7 comments:

Alycia~Quiltygirl said...

Thank you for sharing the photos - those quilts all look so fantastic grouped together!! What sort of questions did you get on the Conan quilt? I'm curious ;-)

Leanne said...

I forgot that the quilts were going to the Sisters show, thank you for sharing photos. One day soon I want to go to Sisters too. I think a week long workshop would be wonderful, again one day soon.

Anonymous said...

It was a treat to meet you in the Teachers Tent, and have you sign my poster at Sisters.
I wanted to mention to you that a couple of the Gees Bend quilts seem to be using your techniques. It seems that they inspired a whole generation of quilters, and now are incorporating some inspiration from the modern quilters in their work.

Hope you are able to get back into your home soon- perhaps before Madeline Island?
Sally Mortenson

MariQuilts said...

Thanks for sharing.....looks fabulous! I like that five day idea.

patricia belyea said...

I appreciate seeing the QuiltCon quilts in an outdoor setting. Thanks!

samodquilters said...

Allison that made the Conan quilt is president of the guild I belong to. Nice to see it in Oregon. Thanks for sharing the pics.

Debbie said...

So wishing I had the time/money to go back to Madeline Island and take a week long class with you! Amazing teacher + amazing venue=win.
Also so happy to see @laurahartrich's quilt in your pics :) thanks for sharing.