Thursday, March 8, 2018

Life is good in Sitges, Spain

Thank you for all your kind comments.  Life is what we make it and I plan to take more control over mine.  In addition to planning events in Kansas City which I hope you will attend sometime, I plan to use the blog to do some teaching as well.  It's been too long since I've had time to blog and share what I've been working on.

For now, I am in Spain to help with the Best of QuiltCon traveling exhibit and to teach classes at the Patchwork Festival in Sitges.  It is my first time teaching students who don't all speak English which should be an interesting experience.  I'll have a translator and I'm sure enthusiastic students.  I've already met some wonderful quilters from several countries.  With Google translate and my high school Spanish I'm getting by when I'm not with the lovely Amanda, the Member and Sponsor Manager for the MQG who speaks Spanish and has been so helpful and fun to hang out with! Check out our trek through the streets of Sitges with the quilts in tow!

In between setting up the exhibit, womaning the exhibit and prepping for teaching I've had time to explore the city, sample the food and drink and a do a bit of cultural exploration.  I never thought that quilting would provide experiences like this.  


The twin beds and the tiny room have been our biggest eye opener.  We feel a bit like Lucy and Ricky if know what I mean!
The journey continues...

9 comments:

Chookyblue...... said...

have a fabulous time away........

Anorina @SameliasMum said...

Happy and safe travels x

Leslie said...

Spain is absolutely wonderful. Enjoy the opportunities to see as much as you can.

liz said...

Fabulous peek into your time there!
Love the Ricky and Lucy reference too.
I'm sure the Spaniards are gonna love ya like we do!
:)

isabel said...

Dear Jacquie,

I only noticed that you are in Sitges yesterday and I no longer can be there this year to meet you and have one of your classes. Beleave me, I'm so sad, You would be the only reason to make me go to Sitges for the first time, if I knew it before. I live in Porto, Portugal, and I'm a huge fan of your work.
So, considering that you are in Europe this days and that you will slow down for a while for the next years (sadly for us, but confident that it is the best for you and your family), I would like to know if there is any class scheduled here in Europe for the next days, so I can go.

Thank you for your reply!

Best whishes!

ChezVies said...

That looks like so much fun in a beautiful place!

Kathleen said...

Love the peek into your travels. I don't travel at all, and I'm always struck by seeing pictures of foreign countries and how washed clean and beautiful the streets look. No litter, no weeds. Beautiful.

KaHolly said...

How exciting! Enjoy!

LappeVivi said...

I visited Sitges two years ago. It is a lovely spot by the sea. All over the town we could see quilts.
I would like to go back another year.