Intuitive and Outsider Design
Join Jacquie as she shares her design philosophy, process and influences in this entertaining and informative lecture. Jacquie will share in detail how she translates inspiration into innovative quilt designs along with her insights and learnings as she has developed her artistic voice. Come for a peek into the creative process and enjoy seeing Jacquie’s quilts up close and personal.
Quilting: An Essential Design Element
Jacquie will share her tips and tricks for quilting with the walking foot and achieving satisfying results with no puckers! Along with the great advice, Jacquie will add a mini trunk show to show you what's new in the studio and what's she's been working on lately.
**new classes based on the new book, WALK 2.0
- Creative Quilting With the Walking Foot (one and two day 6 hour classes) Learn the basics and a set of designs from WALK Mastering Machine Quilting with the Walking Foot
- Creative Quilting With the Walking Foot II (only scheduled after consultation) This is a follow up to Creative Quilting with the Walking Foot and participants will learn additional designs from the WALK book. This class is the same as the second day in the two day version of the Creative Quilting with the Walking Foot class
- **WALK 2.0 Expanding Your Quilting Design Toolbox (6 hour class) This class does NOT cover the basics that are taught in the CQWWF class. Students jump right into more advanced designs that are in the WALK 2.0 book. This class is NOT for beginning walking foot quilters. Designs include a sampling from each of the chapters in the new book including rotational designs, sashiko inspired designs, designs based on the 60 degree grid as well as variations of designs from WALK. Designs taught in this class are more complex, intricate and challenging.
- Quilt as Desired VIRTUAL CLASS IS LIMITED TO 15 STUDENTS (3 hour class with no sewing required) Explore the process of how to analyze your quilts to determine your quilting plan. Learn principles of design that apply to quilting designs as well as the role quilting can play in the composition of a quilt. This is a no sew, lecture, and group exploration class. Students will each bring a quilt top to share and discuss quilting options. In the virtual class students will send a jpeg of a quilt top and we will look at each person's top to discuss potential quilting designs.
- **Quilting Rotational Designs - (3 or 6 hour) This class focuses on learning to quilt rotational designs with the walking foot. Students will learn to use a beam compass and how to mark and quilt both linear and shape-based rotational designs. Students will also be introduced to and practice a quilt-as-you-go technique which can be quilting these designs easier on large quilts.
- **Sashiko-Inspired Walking Foot Quilting (6 hour class) - This class focuses on walking foot quilting designs inspired by traditional Sashiko. Quilters should be confident with their walking foot to take this class. We will do a short review of the basics and then get to quilting. Students must have a seam guide available to use on their walking foot.
- **Exploring the 60 Degree Grid (6 hour class) - This class focuses on walking foot quilting designs based on the 60 degree grid. Quilters should be confident with their walking foot to take this class. We will do a short review of the basics and then get to quilting. Students must have a seam guide available to use on their walking foot.
Students in this class will learn additional walking foot quilting designs that use all six basic walking foot techniques. This class does NOT cover the basics that are taught in the CQWWF class. Students jump right into more advanced designs that are featured in the WALK 2.0 book. This class is NOT for beginning walking foot quilters. Designs include rotational designs, sashiko-inspired designs, designs based in the 60 degree grid as well as variations of designs from WALK. Designs taught in this class are more complex, more intricate and more challenging.