Saturday, January 19, 2008

Baby It's Cold Outside

We've had snow again and now it's definitely January in Kansas City...single digit temperatures make it a great time to be inside sewing. Cleaning house or doing the mound of laundry would probably keep me warmer, but this is soooo much more fun. Started a new quilt yesterday. My nephew is getting married in February and I've been toying around with a quilt for them and I've been playing with this idea. I don't know much about their (her) style, but they've asked for a red kitchenaid mixer in their registry, so I jumped on the red thing and came up with this. The print is a 30's reproduction, Grandma's Garden (something old), the design is contemporary, (something new), The center square will be the only blue center (something blue)....you get the picture. I think it's fun. Have to finish it up because the date is approaching fast. I want to hand quilt it (I hand quilt everything), so it's going to be a challenge to finish. I hope to finish up all the blocks today. I have all the centers done for the nine blocks. Here are the first four.

2 comments:

ellen said...

I wandered over here from IbbyBee Quilts. You have made some lovely quilts. I have never made a quilt, but hope to remedy that sometime this year.

Anonymous said...

I'm freezing in KC, too! Lucky for me (and my unfinished quilts) my sewing machine room is nice and toasty.
Looks great!