Wednesday, January 30, 2008

Busting My Buttons!

I had to be pushed and shoved into starting the whole blog thing. I really didn't feel that comfortable opening up to the virtual world. My sons encouraged me...they let me know that the vast majority of folks on the web aren't out to get you. I've found that to be true and more. There are many kind and talented folks who are more than willing to share, teach, and inspire. This blog was supposed to be all about fabric and quilts and sewing etc, but, you know, my 3 guys are the most important thing in my life, so they just tend to creep in.
As you can see, both my guys are musicians. They play, (more instruments that I can count) compose, perform and in general live, eat and breathe music. My oldest son called today with the best news. He was almost giddy on the phone. His band is going on tour this summer as the front band for a popular local band. Quite a schedule with shows in Kansas City, St. Louis, Columbia, Cleveland, Chicago and DesMoines. I guess you could call it the midwest tour! He's just 18 and in his first year studying audio engineering, but he REALLY wants to be a rock star. I just want him to have health insurance. (Which he actually has in his day job!) Could a mom be so proud. I remember the day when his godmother bought him that playschool drum. Who knew it would lead to this!

7 comments:

Sherri said...

I'm glad you started and continued your blog. I enjoy reading it. I too felt unsure about the whole thing, but so far it's been a good experience - thanks in part to you and other good folks who have dropped me a comment or line. It's nice to connect.
Congratulations to your son! That's great news, and I wish him luck.

Amy said...

You should be proud!! Being a musical person is such a wonderful gift. (and thank you for the sweet comment left at my blog :)

country mouse said...

How awesome!! Congratulations to your son. I'm sure he's excited, how cool to be able to actually tour with his band! Wishing him and his band the best of luck :cD

KC Quilter said...

Hello, Neighbor! Thank you for stopping by my blog! You have a wonderful blog. I have bookmarked it and will visit often.

Laurie said...

Hmmm...I posted earlier and it's not here! Anywhooooo...blogging is great! I am addicted and it's a great journal. I don't keep it just to quilting either...family stuff is important! Great to have you here! Thanks for stopping by my blog!
Laurie
ps...i have ya bookmarked

Leanne said...

Aren't sons great they fill you with so many emotions - congrat to your son.

Linda said...

Good luck to your son! That is really awesome, he must be very talented! I studied audio engineering in college, too. I went to a small school in southern Illinois. I enjoyed it, but just decided to move on to other things.