Sunday, January 27, 2008

Simply Fabulous!

My hubby and I have been trying to "get away" for about the last 6 months, but with teens and busy jobs which require lots of travel we just couldn't seem to get it done. Soooo, the plan was to fly to Chicago Saturday morning, enjoy the city, see the show, grab a fab dinner and be home by 10. No fuss, no muss, not too many arrangements and cheap tickets using our miles to boot! Sounds like a plan, right? Friday night I happened to ask the better half if the show was at 2 or 2:30. He came into the room looking sheepish and said, you're never going to believe what I did. Our tickets were for 8pm. Only one small problem...we would need to be on our way to the airport to fly home right after the curtain went up. This is so just like us.
Bottom line, ended up staying the night in the windy city...saw the show (6th row center)...had a fab dinner, walked around the city etc, etc. Made some tasty lemonade out of a lemony situation. January in Chicago seems like a crazy time to go, but it's beautiful if you know how to bundle up. No crowds and there are abundant hotel deals. Can't say enough about the show and the theater, but the best part was some uninterrupted time with my hubby. Now that's simply fabulous!

1 comment:

Joyce said...

Chicago sounds like fun. We live in Canada but only a day and a half drive from there so we have gone a few times. We liked going to Blues bars. You asked on my blog about labels. I'm the worst person in the world to ask about that. I just write on a square of fabric with a fabric pen. I need to find a better way.