One trip to the mailbox and one garage sale trip and I'm a trip happy girl. Last week during the deadly headache I received a package from Stacy of My Two Cold Feet. I won a giveaway on her blog which was for some fabric and yarn, but look what arrived. This whole bunch of goodies. Stacy, you'll notice the prickly pear cactus jam is missing. Well, it's gone, eaten, enjoyed and it was scrumptious. We loved it! She even sent some pieces of her great grandmother's fabric. Those dots are flocked. Is that not the coolest! I'll be sure and use those in something very special! Thanks so much Stacy for your generous gift. I love it all!
I went garage sale shopping with my hubby on Saturday and did a few thrift stores too. Usually I'm looking at the Thrifted Tuesday group pictures on flickr with serious thrift envy. Where do folks find all those great things? Well, I finally scored a few things.
1. Flower power curtains for 50 cents a panel. There were 8 panels. I only bought four. This lady must have had her whole house done in these curtains. They are huge. So much fabric for only $2.00 total and I think it's so 70's flower power!
2. Three sets of knitting needles. Each set 99 cents. I knew I was getting yarn from Stacy...but I don't know how to knit. So all you knitting wizards...what did I buy? Green ones are 4.5mm US 7, gold are 4.25mm 6, and the blue are USA 8. HELP?! What does it mean and can I make a scarf using them and the yarn from Stacy?
3. Two huge pieces of polka dotted flannel $1.00 each.
4. Vintage tablecloth with strawberries cut into 36 6" squares $2.00. Can you see those as a picnic quilt!
5. Pyrex bowls $2.00.
6. Fire King casserole, and bowls for $2.00 each. Is that a bonanza or what!
One of the sales we stumbled onto was an estate sale. The lady of the house had to be a quilter. The basement was filled to the brim with boxes of fabric. I spent all the time I had going through the boxes picking out the fabric I might use. The hubby grew impatient and dragged me out of the basement. I could have spent the whole day. There were so many boxes I didn't get to touch. I got a bunch of fabric for a couple of dollars. It was weird, though. I felt a bit like I was digging through someone else's stash without permission. I got over it and walked away with some fabric I will definitely put to use. Pictures to come soon. (fabric is in the washer!) Oh, and there was one piece I was so in love with it's already cut and half made into a baby quilt. It's wonderful how great fabric can inspire creativity!