Monday, October 10, 2016

Geared Up

This is the Geared Up quilt, one in a series of quilts that I'm working on to explore the concept of activating space, both positive and negative in my quilts.  I love the interplay between the navy and gray spaces in this quilt.  The gray dominates as the primary design, but the navy supports in such a great way.


I also love the quilting on this piece.  I used one of the geometric quilting designs that will be in my new book, Walk: Mastering Machine Quilting With Your Walking Foot.  Jaime, my studio mate pushed me to do this quilting on this piece and it so worked.  Sometimes you need a push from a really smart cookie!



I think the quilting design creates beautiful rotational movement for the piecing without overwhelming a simple, graphic design.  I'm very pleased with it, I hope you enjoy it too.



Photos by Silvia Abisaab




16 comments:

Diane M said...

This is awesome, Jacquie! Looking forward to your new book.

wintunancy said...

I am in love! Thank you for sharing this wonderful pattern idea and quilting design. Cannot wait to get a look at your new book.

Jenny M said...

Your quilting design is amazing!

Monica McGregor said...

So distinctive!

la tulipe said...

I love how your quilting gives a sort of mystery in your quilt. I love so much your work. You inspire me!

folksmith said...

LOVE it!

Donna said...

Terrific design and quillting. I always enjoy your posts. I look forward to your next book.

shaka said...

Beautiful quilt and I love the quilting design, it really does bring in so much movement. I'm impressed that design was with a walking foot!

Deb M said...

Love it!!! Patiently awaiting the new book!

Paige said...

Fabulous all the way around! I also wonder what the same quilting design would look like on the piece as a single design.

Pat said...

Awesome! I'm guessing that was no 'quilt in a day' effort. lol

Kathleen said...

Absolutely love the quilting on this! And all with a walking foot. Amazing!

Alexandra said...

That quilting is amazing!

Edna said...

This is fabulous. I do really love how the quilting adds such another dimension to the already amazing design.

SusieDW said...

Smokin' Red HOT! You're pumping on all cylinders now! I Love your quilting. You've executed perfectly to show off the hard edges yet add a feel of ephemeral. Additional *contrast*, negative vs. positive. Brava, Jacquie!

Anonymous said...

You should be pleased and I DO enjoy it!