Wednesday, February 22, 2012

Quilt In Miniature

For the Alzheimer Quilt Initiative I decided to make one of my quilts in miniature. I used Cloud 9's organic solid in earth, Bella solid stone, and Kona pale flesh. I wanted sophisticated, neutral colors.

Not Lost in the Woods is the large version.  It has elongated wonky log cabin blocks.  It's one of my all time favorites.
The blocks in the tiny version are 4" x 5".  I think I'm going to add the dark border like I did in the original quilt, but it can't be any larger than 9" x 12" when it's done.
It's been fun working in miniature and with this design. I think I need to make another large version of this quilt.

15 comments:

Unknown said...

I cans ee why this is a favorite of yours regardless of size!

Rene' said...

Jacque this is perfect for the AAQI!!! Love it and will be keeping my eye out for this one. Thanks for supporting the Alzheimer's Art Quilt Initiative! It's a great cause!

Vicki said...

Gorgeous :)

Esch House Quilts said...

Ooh! I love that hint of pink with the stone and earth.

Emily said...

This is stunning! And -- thanks for reminding me to start on mine! :)

Kersten said...

It looks great!

Paula said...

Love that brown. Beautiful quilt, both of them!

Unknown said...

Looking great Jacquie

Donna said...

So fabulous. Can't wait to see it pared down to size and quilted!

dermabrasion photos said...

Amazing! Very modern! :)

carol said...

I love it! That is not a surprise though......I usually LOVE everything you do!

Arita said...

Gorgeous, it doesn't matter what size.

QuiltNut Creations said...

Love it! Great fabric choices.

Unknown said...

Thank you so much for sharing information about the Alzheimer’s Art Quilt Initiative! I lost my Dad to Alzheimer’s in December of 2010 and have been committed to raising money for research through AAQI since he was diagnosed in 2006. I am a quilter and I love that the Alzheimer's Art Quilt Initiative is a grass roots organization that is totally staffed by volunteers so that every available dollar can be used to fund research. I love your little quilt and am thrilled that your guild has taken up our cause!

cinzia said...

I love the elongated log cabins! i must try!