Monday, March 17, 2008

March Madness aka Tarheel Mania

I'm a tarheel (not born and bred) but indoctrinated. I went to high school in North Carolina and went to college at the University of North Carolina (Chapel Hill of course). A few days after I met my husband he asked me where I went to college. I said, proudly, "Carolina." He said, "which one?" BIG MISTAKE! I answered calmly, "there is only one." From the very first day I stepped on campus I was told, taught, and reminded that UNC was number 1. I think they played the fight song while we slept in the dorms so that we would never forget it. Before we could get our class schedules we had to memorize the fight song, sing it with gusto and know the words to multiple cheers and cheesy sayings, kinda like a "you're going to be a fan for life" boot camp. That was 33 years ago, and to this day...

I drink my morning coffee from this cup.










My mousepad sports a Carolina logo.









This adorns the spare tire on the back of my car.


I have a snowglobe with the Carolina mascot, with Carolina blue snow (people think it's sky blue, but I know better) that plays the Carolina fight song. It sits in my office all year long.

As I sing along...in case you didn't know...Tarheels are the number 1 seed of the number 1 seeds in the NCAA basketball tournament! GO TARHEELS!

2 comments:

Becky said...

I'll try not to hold your true love against you. :-) Rock Chalk Jayhawk!

Exuberantcolor/Wanda S Hanson said...

My grandson has been accepted at UNC Charlotte (where they live) and Wilmington. It sounds like a great school.