Thursday, April 3, 2008

Distractions

I know this isn't the Zig Zag quilt, or the Red and White Quilt -A- Long quilt or even the log cabin blocks I said I was going to do. Sometimes when things aren't going like they should, I just tackle something totally different, something I can finish quickly, something I can get a boost of confidence from. Whipped this together from scraps of the Zig Zag quilt and some grosgrain ribbon I had in the drawer. Since my machine won't do free motion and I can't meander, I did some wandering. I think it's cute. Inspired me to make some pillow shams for my bed. It's too wintery in there...it needs some spring and a punch of color. Too much on my plate this week...like taxes...arrrrrrg. Back to it.

12 comments:

QuiltedSimple said...

I love it - bright and cheerful. I know I need something every once in a while that's quick and you can get done without spending weeks on - keeps me from getting burned out. Very, very cute.

BusybeeDebQuilts said...

Sometimes focusing on something quick helps you move on to other projects ... feels good to get something done!

I love the pillow ... great colors!

Deb

Unknown said...

Fantastic! I love the pillow and it is definitely a great way to use scraps let alone getting some instant gratification.

Yummers! said...

I love the pillow... so delightful!! Your colors are yummy.
Joni

Amanda Jean said...

love the pillow. I need to do that once in awhile too. distract myself from a project gone bad to something else. except I do it backwards...I get stuck on making wee bunnies, I work on a quilt. :)

Stina Blomgren said...

I love that pillow...;D...nice blue fabrics!!
And the zig zag quilt you´re doing is so fresh...love to see it finished...
And thanks for letting us here more about you...love the sight of you skiing in the park..

Becky said...

I love that fabric. Great colors.

Darcie said...

Great advice! And I love your wandering...it's very effective!

Cathi said...

I love the pillow -- looks so fresh and spring-like!

Dana said...

I'm totally with you. Sometimes I just need that sense of accomplishment.

Levin said...

these diversions can brings us great pleasure. And I always believe it's better to do something constructive when you're procrastinating then nothing at all - lol! Fabulous pillow - love the colours.
l
x

bettyninja said...

The wandering looks great! You can't beat those colors.