It all started with some overflowing scrap boxes. I had to do something to get it under control, so I started cutting 2 x 4 inch rectangles. Before I knew it I had all of these. I also had this white on white print that I was going to use in another project, but it drove me nuts so I threw it in the scrap box too. (it was so hard to tell which was the right side). After some mindless cutting and chain sewing this is what I came up with, my version of a coin quilt (crib sized) and a doll quilt to boot. These are some of my very favorite fabrics from the scrap box; flea market fancy, amy butler, urban chicks swell, farmer's market along with a few others.
A couple more additions to the "need to be quilted" list. That's one LONG list!
I finished Ashley's spiderweb blocks for the Block Party quilting bee. She sent a gorgeous piece of linen and a bunch of beautiful fabric strips. The block is really easy and I actually had a good paper piecing experience. This is going to be one stunning quilt. I made a couple for myself too....I think I'll keep making them every once and awhile until I have a quilt.
Lastly, these are my maverick star blocks that are on their way to Tia for the Bushfire Quilt Project (see my last post for details). Thanks to everyone who headed over and offered to help! Another super simple block to make. Can't believe I haven't made these before. Victoria has made a great tutorial on making maverick starts in case you need a little help. Wish I had seen it earlier!
Project Improv update coming soon. I have a bunch of envelopes to open.